Subjects are delivered using variety of approaches always underpinned by how this enables learners to meet the OCL statement of intent most effectively. This includes:
- Discrete teaching with linked literature
- Half termly thematic teaching
- Assemblies and collective worship and reflection
- Additional annually chunked content
- Experiences, trips and visits.
The subjects taught are scheduled carefully to ensure our learners understanding of the world is developed most effectively, learning builds over time and explicit links can be made between subjects resulting in a deep understanding of core concepts.