The Primary Education phase of your child's life is so important in terms of helping children develop and build the foundation of necessary skills for learning and retention. These are the years where we can influence the desire to learn and to create a life long passion for learning.
At Oasis Academy Temple, we aim to:
- Help our children become independent life-long learners and thinkers, with the ability to problem solve
- Ensure children develop a thirst and excitement for learning, enabling every child to learn beyond their potential
- Ensure our children are nurtured, well-rounded, happy individuals with the confidence and skills to make a positive contribution to society
In order to achieve this we know that we need to:
- Provide transferable life skills through a fun, positive, practical environment, which allows for learning experiences both inside and outside of school
- Ensure children have equal opportunities, regardless of race, gender, culture, religion, ability within a nurturing environment
- Develop the children’s unique personalities by giving them opportunities to learn in their own ways
- Teach children to learn and grow from their mistakes
- Ensure children are literate and numerate
The Oasis Academy Temple curriculum consists of:
The Oasis Academy Temple curriculum has been designed and tailored to meet the needs of the community we serve. We serve a community with high social deprivation but has a rich mix of religions and cultures. Children and parents who have a passion to learn and want the best for their children. Our children come from 23 different countries and between us we speak 27 different languages. Our motto and vision, ‘All Different, All Equal’ therefore feeds into making sure that our family here at Oasis Academy Temple can live happily together and benefit from inclusive and supportive learning. Through teaching the following themes, we will ensure children receive a well-balanced rounded education to prepare them for becoming citizens of Great Britain:
- Autumn A – Cultures and celebrations
- Autumn B – Heritage, community and citizenship
- Spring A – Travelling through time
- Spring B – Our world and beyond
- Summer A - Mind, body and soul – Healthy living
- Summer B – Personal and Global goals
The six personal learning and thinking skills ‘Skills for Life ‘will be developed through the curriculum. These skills are essential to success in learning, life and work. These skills, together with the Oasis 9 Habits, will enable young people to enter work and adult life as confident and capable individuals.
You can find out more about the National Curriculum here. Alternatively, speak to your child's class teacher for more information.